Friday, November 28, 2008

Sunday Dinner Rolls



My assignment for Thanksgiving dinner was the rolls. I made 96 rolls in about 3 hours on Thursday morning. They were a hit and I told Bonnie I would post the recipe here. This is a great recipe because it is quick and easy and the rolls turn out great every time. By the way, I didn't come home with one roll. All 96 were eaten by the end of the day.
Sunday Dinner Rolls

1 c. warm water
2 T. yeast
½ c. sugar
3 eggs, beaten
½ c. melted butter
1 tsp. salt
4 ½ c. flour

Mix water, sugar and yeast and let sit for a couple of minutes to dissolve. Add eggs and melted butter. Mix in flour and salt. I just mix by hand in a large tupperware bowl. Knead a couple of times to make sure everything is mixed in. Mixture will be sticky. Cover with warm towel and let rise about 45 minutes. Divide dough in half and roll out like a big pizza. Spread melted butter all over dough and cut like a pizza into 16 slices. Roll slices starting at the large end and place on cookie sheet. Let rise again after they are formed (about 30-45 minutes). Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.



No comments: