Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Planet Hollywood Cap'n Crunch Chicken



Since I did not post any recipe's in October I am making up for it in November....Jenni, this one is for you.

2 c. Cap'n Crunch cereal
1 1/2 c. Corn Flakes
1 egg
1 c. milk
1 c. flour
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper
dash paprika(or more if you want more kick)
2 lbs. chicken, cut in 1 oz. tenders
vegetable oil

Coarsely grind or crush the 2 cereals and set aside (adjust these based on how sweet you want your chicken: more Cap'n Crunch is sweeter)
Beat the egg with milk and set aside
stir together flour, onion and garlic powders, black pepper and paprika; set aside
dip chicken pieces in seasoned flour move around to coat well then shake off excess flour
dip in the egg wash, coating well; then dip in the cereal mixture, coating well.
Heat oil in a large heavy skillet, drop coated chicken tenders in the hot oil, fully cook until golden brown 3-5 min.
Drain and serve immediately.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Does this recipe taste like the real thing? Ahh...I love these! Now all we need is the tasty mustard dipping sauce. Thanks for thinking of me, Bonnie. I will be sure to try them.

Bonnie said...

They taste nearly the same, next time though I think I will use crunch berries, I think that will give it a more autentic taste. My whole family really liked it. We used spicy mustard and honey mustard to dip ours in they both worked great, however, I do have the recipe for the creole dip if you want it.